This blog is to display my efforts and provide motivation for collecting and painting a 40k force to represent those that served in the 3rd Armageddon War. Please feel free to comment and any contructive criticism is welcome. I will try to keep the blog updated and hopefully you find it interesting if not entertaining.

Saturday 4 August 2012

ReBoot Tournament 2012

I have now played my first game of 6th Ed. It was a bit of a baptism of fire as it came at a one day, four game 1750 point tournament. Results were a bit forgettable with 3 losses and 1 win but one game was 1 point from a draw and who knows what could have happened with a few luckier dice rolls? I can't complain too much and I had fun and learnt a few things along the way.

I finished the day coming second in painting and third in sportsmanship. (That might be an indication of how my games went) I don't think I need to share my overall score so I won't bore you with it.

I didn't enter the tournament to win, but to have fun. The organiser allows Forge World models so I brought my Lightning and Thunderbolt along. The Lightning was quite fragile with only 2 hull points and I'm not sure it was worth the points. The Thunderbolt on the other hand excelled. It's a great looking model and scared quite a few of my opponents after dealing a fair bit of damage. My Aegis Defence Lines also proved quite useful. Who could have thought you would be able to bring your own 4+ cover save with you and even attach a gun to it. Brilliant!

I tried taking some photos of my games in the hall but the lighting was poor and they didn't turn out too well. I did, however, manage some reasonable pics of my army when it was set up for painting. The colours are slightly off but I'm planning on taking some army shots soon so I'll hopefully be able to show some more detail.



Edit: I found out this morning that I did indeed win a trophy. There were two painting awards: Peer Judged and Organiser Judged. I came second in the peer judged and first in the organiser judged. The organiser just forgot to announce the award and present the trophy. I'll have to go back and collect my trophy in a week or two. Luckily the club is about 3 minutes down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment